Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

Author Topic: Installing the VW DVD/GPS Touchscreen SATNAV [SSAS-VW010]  (Read 861 times)

Offline Gideon

• Administrator
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Sites
Installing the VW DVD/GPS Touchscreen SATNAV [SSAS-VW010] and showing the Trim Removal

Time needed: 1 to 2 hours
Tools:
Set of Torx drivers
Plastic Pry Bars

This shows how mine was done by Bike Den Audio, take yours to an installer to comply with warranty.

Guests can't see images. Please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Remove these screws, otherwise the CD/DVD player won't work
Guests can't see images. Please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI - Candy White
  • LED DRLs, S&G, Blackout Bumper, Dash Cam & Satnav
Gideon Scheepers
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jane

• Referrals: 0
Re: Installing the VW DVD/GPS Touchscreen SATNAV [SSAS-VW010]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:00:09 »
Wonderful, I wanted to know how to remove the dash trim.

Where did you get the Pry bar thingies?

Did you mount the USB, if so where?
  • Jetta 1.9 TDI
All the best
Jane

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

Offline Harry

• Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 08:46:52 »
Great tutorial, thank you Gideon
  • Golf 1.9 TDI
  • Smash and grab, deCat, EGR blanked off
Harry

Offline Gideon

• Administrator
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Sites
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:14:21 »
Wonderful, I wanted to know how to remove the dash trim.

Where did you get the Pry bar thingies?

Did you mount the USB, if so where?

The pry bars can be imported, but are plenty expensive, I found that Checkers Hyper sells a bicycle repair kit for R59-00, which included two tire bars, these are perfect as pry bars.

The USB was mounted in the ash try as I do not smoke, and works perfectly...will post pics
  • Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI - Candy White
  • LED DRLs, S&G, Blackout Bumper, Dash Cam & Satnav
Gideon Scheepers

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Premium Advert